My first painting

by La-Dee-Da Crafter on January 1, 2013 · 9 comments

Happy New Year!!!

I wish you a very crafty new year in a very La-Dee-Da way!!! My inspiration this year is “Just go for it.”

Whether that is crafting or following my dreams and living my passion. This year, I am just going for it. I am believing in myself and branching out and trying new things. So, in that new crafty spirit, I am trying painting. I paint all the time technically. I spray paint for craft projects and paint for all sorts of craftiness but I have been dabbling in painting…..like on canvas.

I recently painted this for a friend. I love it!

IMG_8415

I know there are some flaws that real atrists may see and find appalling but I love it because it isn’t perfect and I made it. I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried painting. I guess you could say I did it in my own La-Dee-Da way!

IMG_8414

I loved blending the colors and just seeing what I could make with them.

IMG_8417

This new year, I challenge you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. It is fun to see what you can come up with using creativity and COURAGE! It may seem silly but it took courage for me to try and paint. It is different from painting wood for a craft project.

205336064232255568_GbTczWs2_c

You can accomplish anything my crafty friends! Just have courage and this year can be YOUR year!

So painting fun, So Courageous and SO La-Dee-Da!

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Tanya January 2, 2013 at 12:50 am

You are so right, we need to step out and do something different! I love how this turned out, and you ARE a real artist :)

xoxo, Tanya

Lisa Hall January 2, 2013 at 3:11 am

So pretty!
I definitely need to step out of my comfort zone and try new arts & crafts!
Thank-you for the inspiration!
(BTW…I found you from the “Time-to-Shine” linky party at a diamond in the stuff blog)

Vikki January 2, 2013 at 7:28 am

Very Nice Job! Love your blog! I would love for you to visit my linky party going on now at http://wallisfarmsdailywalk.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post.html

Have a great day!

Deb @Lake Girl Paints January 2, 2013 at 8:02 am

I think it’s great! The colors are beautiful.
I love seeing brush stroke and the look of handmade.
Great job!
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

orangeheromama January 2, 2013 at 8:20 am

I think it’s great! and good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone!
I’m going to be working on that this new year!

Jodi January 2, 2013 at 11:53 am

I have been stepping out of my comfort zone for quite a while now and amaze myself most of the time :) good luck on your journey too!! stopping by from southern lovely

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts January 2, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts. You were featured today! –
–Mandy, http://www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

Christine January 4, 2013 at 4:55 am

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Lindsay @Artsy-Fartsy Mama January 10, 2013 at 8:04 am

You are so talented! I think it turned out beautifully.

Thanks so much for linking up at Artsy Corner. Hope to see you again this week :)